GRP fibreglass flat roofing
will outlast and outperform virtually any other traditional material. for a flat roof fibreglass flat roofs is the same material as used for the hull of a boat. Perhaps you have used fibreglass in the passed sometime? I’m sure you will remember once the resin starts to cure. We always have customers asking about the strong odour, Curing process is about 10 to 15 min. That’s when it is the strongest.
There are three main options available when it comes to domestic flat roof construction:
- EPDM, rubber
- Green mineral (Torch-on) felt
- GRP fiberglass flat roofing
This option is a good choice for a larger area or a small roof with no detail, it’s ideal for green roofs and looks very nice when it’s fitted correctly.
We have been to a few installations where it’s failed, but on both occasions, it has not been installed correctly and leaked after two years. So, it is not the fault of the product itself!
EPDM rubber can be fitted on OSB or Plywood decking and comes with an impressive life expectancy of over 50-years.
It is available in very large sheets up to 12m wide by 30m long. Rolls up to 60m long can be ordered.
These sheets are bonded to the boards with special adhesive (glue) a process which takes around 10 to 15 min to “go tacky.”
Then the sheet will take to the glue, properly if the sheet is laid to quick it will cause air pockets and bubbling, as pictured.
Green mineral (Torch-on) felt
Green mineral is a tried and tested roof covering with some roofing contractor offering up to a 30-year guarantee. So’
How long does a flat roof last. A torch on felt roof can last up to 30-years but the average will be more like 8 to 12 years depending on (1).How the roofs been installed, and (2).How exposed it is,
It’s now getting to be a specialist type of roof covering, just with the cost involved with public liability insurance (Hot Works). In terms of naked flames, we stopped installing felt roofs about 15 years ago due to the dangers involved with gas flames etc.
What is a Fibreglass Flat Roof
We specialise in Fibreglass flat roofs and balconies and have done for over 25-years throughout Cumbria and Southwest Scotland.
Why do we think fibreglass is the best system for a flat roof or balcony and what is
- Fibreglass flat roofs are lightweight, completely seamless, and can be installed without the use of naked flames,
- The fibreglass roofing trims are pre-made in 3 meter lengths and give a perfectly straight finish along all edges,
- GRP fibreglass resins along with the (CSM) chop strand matting are the best on the market for repairability from a small fix to a complete new covering, liquid applied resin with the (CSM) will make a seamless invisible repair,
Installing a GRP Fibreglass flat roof.
The only downfall with installing a GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) Fiberglass Roof is the weather, It’s very weather dependent and can’t be installed in showery conditions or below 5 degrees
On larger flat roofs we often do these in sections its imposable to get the right weather window to strip off the whole roof and leave it open to the elements over night. A flat roof is very difficult to keep the water out if the weather changes
grp roofing details:
GRP fibreglass flat roofing is the proven solution to problems associated with flat roofs. The single-ply GRP laminate can be installed to any size and is the best option for a flat roof with lots of detail.
- Orangery roofs
- roof valleys
- Flat roofs with lots of detail is ideal for the fiberglass system from Cure-it
This is where the benefits of a liquid system comes in.
For example, Soil pipes, skylights, OR” Air conditioning units, fixings, Ext.
Seamless liquid system
GRP can be moulded around all details and to any degree of complexity, without any seams, welds or joints all with a 25-year guarantee. and the option of any BS colour ideal for balconies with a non-slip finish available. grp flat roof construction details are about the best on the market:
Here are some of the many benefits of choosing Abbey Roofing Cumbria:
- We can help with old flat roofs, where the repairs may be possible. “If the problems localised, but if a roof is showing signs of wear and tear, It’s best (and long-term more cost-effective) to replace the whole roof.
- Abbey Roofing services cover Cumbria and Southern Scotland including the Scottish islands.
- We are a professional, competent roofing company who are willing to take on all aspects of roofing and flat roofing.
- We can offer a free quotation and advice on a roofing project your planning and can include travel and accommodation if required.
If you are looking for advice on green roofs then contact us now for a free no obligation quotation same day call out in Cumbria OR Dumfries